- Online textbook and MasteringChemistry
log in through Canvas, go to this class, then select MyLab and Mastering
- You can access and/or download your book to a tablet or phone. To get the eText 2.0 app from Mastering's Mobile view, sign into your Mastering course with your student account on a mobile browser on masteringchemistry.com (do NOT go through Canvas). Open the Mobile view menu, select eText 2.0, and then choose the download link for the mobile app.
- So you don't have Power Point, but you need to print the notes? Download a free Power Point Viewer here.
Monday, November 4 - Pre-test; Logins; Balancing Reaction Equations
Tuesday, November 5 - NO SCHOOL, Election Day/Professional Development Day
Wednesday, November 6 - Finish balancing equations notes; ASSIGNMENT: MasteringChemistry review and Balancing Equations on MasteringChemistry
Thursday, November 7 - Writing Chemical Equations: Synthesis and Decomposition; ASSIGNMENT: Top section of Practice worksheet I
Friday, November 8 - Writing Chemical Equations: Replacements and Combustion; ASSIGNMENT: Bottom section of Practice worksheet I
Monday, November 11 - Equation Problem Set II
Tuesday, November 12 - Another Equation Problem Set III
Wednesday, November 13 -Total and Net Ionic Equations; ASSIGNMENT: Net Ionic Equation worksheet
Thursday, November 14 - Go over Net and Total Ionic Equations
Friday, November 15 - Video
Monday, November 18 - Review Day
Tuesday, November 19 - Test on Reactions
Wednesday, November 20 - Moles; ASSIGNMENT: Particles and Moles on MasteringChemistry
Thursday, November 21 - Moles; ASSIGNMENT: Molar Mass and Gram/Mole/Particles on MasteringChemistry
Friday, November 22 - Moles; Video
Monday, November 25 - Friday, November 29 - NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving Break
TEST CORRECTIONS - _____ for the ____ Exam - must be during SRT or Plus period - Required, not optional - Homework assignment - Check Skyward to see if you have a grade for this already; if so, you do not have corrections to do! On a separate paper, do the problems correctly and write a short explanation about what you did wrong (so you hopefully remember it next time!)
The Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 10 pm.
- If you need a tutor, Mr. Rapp has a list going, or you can try the IU Chemistry Student Tutor List
- SAVE PAPER AND INK!!! When you print out the notes on PowerPoint, print "Handouts" instead of "Slides" in the print setup. Also, turn off the backgrounds in Office 2003 (Tools>Options>Print>UNcheck "Background Printing")!