- Online textbook and MasteringChemistry
log in through Canvas, go to this class, then select MyLab and Mastering
- You can access and/or download your book to a tablet or phone. To get the eText 2.0 app from Mastering's Mobile view, sign into your Mastering course with your student account on a mobile browser on masteringchemistry.com (do NOT go through Canvas). Open the Mobile view menu, select eText 2.0, and then choose the download link for the mobile app.
- So you don't have Power Point, but you need to print the notes? Download a free Power Point Viewer here.
Friday, September 27 - last day to turn in light lab reports; Periodic Trends notes; ASSIGNMENT: Periodic trend: size on MasteringChemistry
Monday, September 30 - Periodic Trends notes; ASSIGNMENT: Periodic Trends: Ionization energy and Electronegativity on MasteringChemistry
Tuesday, October 1 - Flame Test Lab
Wednesday, October 2 - Quiz on +1, -2, and -3 polyatomic ions Polyatomic Ion List (Quizlet: +1 -2 -3 only); formal lab report instructions
Thursday, October 3 - Review Day
Friday, October 4 - Test on Electrons
TEST CORRECTIONS - October 7-10 for the Matter & Nuclear Exam - must be during SRT or Plus period - Required, not optional - Homework assignment - Check Skyward to see if you have a grade for this already; if so, you do not have corrections to do!
Monday, October 7 - Nomenclature; ASSIGNMENT: Cut out ions and bring tomorrow
Tuesday, October 8 - Ionic Bonding dry lab; last day to turn in formal lab reports for Flame Test lab on Canvas; ASSIGNMENT: Finish ionic bonding dry lab if not completed in class
Wednesday, October 9 - Quiz on all polyatomic ions mixed Polyatomic Ion List (Quizlet: all mixed); ASSIGNMENT: Writing ionic formulas (2) on MasteringChemistry
Thursday, October 10 - last day to do test corrections during Plus period; Naming compounds from a formula; ASSIGNMENT: Naming Compounds on MasteringChemistry
Friday, October 11 - Rainbow Matrix nomenclature game; submit at least one "test" mode game by the end of the period for a grade
Monday, October 14 - NO SCHOOL - Fall Break
Tuesday, October 15 - NO SCHOOL - Fall Break
Wednesday, October 16 - PSAT Day
Thursday, October 17 - Covalent and Acid Nomenclature; ASSIGNMENT: Covalent and Acids Nomenclature (2) on MasteringChemistry
Friday, October 18 - Mixed Review of all nomenclature; ASSIGNMENT: Mixed nomenclature on MasteringChemistry
Monday, October 21 - Review Day
Tuesday, October 22 - Test on Nomenclature
Wednesday, October 23 - MOLE DAY!!!! ; Bonding: Types & Dot structures; ASSIGNMENT: Bond types and Structures on MasteringChemistry
Thursday, October 24 - Bonding: Lewis structures; ASSIGNMENT: Lewis structure column ONLY on VSEPR worksheet
Friday, October 25 - VSEPR & Molecular Geometry; ASSIGNMENT: Finish VSEPR worksheet
Monday, October 28 - Bonding Review & Final Exam Review
Tuesday, October 29 - Bonding Quiz
Wednesday, October 30 - Final Exam Review
Thursday, October 31 - Final Exams periods 2, 3, and 4
Friday, November 1 - Final Exams periods 1, 3, and 5
The Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 10 pm.
- If you need a tutor, Mr. Rapp has a list going, or you can try the IU Chemistry Student Tutor List
- SAVE PAPER AND INK!!! When you print out the notes on PowerPoint, print "Handouts" instead of "Slides" in the print setup. Also, turn off the backgrounds in Office 2003 (Tools>Options>Print>UNcheck "Background Printing")!