- Online textbook and MasteringChemistry
log in through Canvas, go to this class, then select MyLab and Mastering
- You can access and/or download your book to a tablet or phone. To get the eText 2.0 app from Mastering's Mobile view, sign into your Mastering course with your student account on a mobile browser on masteringchemistry.com (do NOT go through Canvas). Open the Mobile view menu, select eText 2.0, and then choose the download link for the mobile app.
- So you don't have Power Point, but you need to print the notes? Download a free Power Point Viewer here.
Monday, April 1 - Finish limiting reactant; Test corrections for Stoich I exam for a homework grade are required this week during SRT or Plus period; This is not optional or for bonus points - it's an assignment (unless you scored 100%)
Tuesday, April 2- Review Day; last day to turn in stoich lab reports (informal)
Wednesday, April 3 - Test on Stoich II
Thursday, April 4 - Gases: Converting units; ASSIGNMENT: Pressure units on MasteringChemistry
Friday, April 5 - Gases: Weather, Combined Gas Law; last day to do test corrections (must be done during plus period); ASSIGNMENT: Combined Gas Law on MasteringChemistry
Monday, April 8 - STP; ASSIGNMENT: STP conversions
Tuesday, April 9 - Ideal Gas Law; ASSIGNMENT: Ideal Gas Law problems on MasteringChemistry
Wednesday, April 10 - (guest teacher) Video: Chemistry: Challenges and Solutions "The Behavior of Atoms"
Thursday, April 11 - Real vs. Ideal Gases, Dalton's Law; ASSIGNMENT: Dalton's Law on MasteringChemistry
Friday, April 12 - Lab prep for Molar Volume of a Gas
Monday, April 15 - Molar Volume of a Gas lab; write up is FORMAL - write up in FORMAL lab report format and submit electronically on Canvas - due no later than April 23 - check your numbers with Virtual R.A.P.P. lab data checker
Tuesday, April 16 - Gas Stoichiometry; ASSIGNMENT: Gas Stoichiometry on MasteringChemistry
Wednesday, April 17 - Effusion and Diffusion
Thursday, April 18 - Review Day
Friday, April 19 - Test on Gases
Monday, April 22 - Solutions terms worksheet on Canvas
Tuesday, April 23 - Solutions videos; Test corrections for Stoich II exam for a homework grade are required this week during SRT or Plus period; This is not optional or for bonus points - it's an assignment (unless you scored 100%)
Wednesday, April 24 - Molarity; ASSIGNMENT: Molarity problems on MasteringChemistry
Thursday, April 25 - % by mass; ASSIGNMENT: % by mass problems on MasteringChemistry
Friday, April 26 - last day to do test corrections
Monday, April 29 - ; Test corrections for Gases exam for a homework grade are required this week during SRT or Plus period; This is not optional or for bonus points - it's an assignment (unless you scored 100%)
Tuesday, April 30 -
Wednesday, May 1 -
Thursday, May 2 -
Friday, May 3 - last day to do test corrections
Monday, May 6 -
Tuesday, May 7 -
Wednesday, May 8 -
Thursday, May 9 -
Friday, May 10 -
The Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 10 pm.
- If you need a tutor, Mr. Rapp has a list going, or you can try the IU Chemistry Student Tutor List
- SAVE PAPER AND INK!!! When you print out the notes on PowerPoint, print "Handouts" instead of "Slides" in the print setup. Also, turn off the backgrounds in Office 2003 (Tools>Options>Print>UNcheck "Background Printing")!