- Online textbook and MasteringChemistry
log in through Canvas, go to this class, then select MyLab and Mastering
- You can access and/or download your book to a tablet or phone. To get the eText 2.0 app from Mastering's Mobile view, sign into your Mastering course with your student account on a mobile browser on masteringchemistry.com (do NOT go through Canvas). Open the Mobile view menu, select eText 2.0, and then choose the download link for the mobile app.
- So you don't have Power Point, but you need to print the notes? Download a free Power Point Viewer here.
Monday, December 10 - Stoich Lab day 2; Stoich I test corrections - complete in SRT or plus period anytime this week - required unless 100% on problem section; due by Friday, December 14
Tuesday, December 11 - Limiting reactant assignment due; Limiting Reactant: Finding Excess; ASSIGNMENT: Limiting Reactant and Excess worksheet page 1 page 2
Wednesday, December 12 - Lab calculations
Thursday, December 13 - Review; lab reports due
Friday, December 14 - Test on Stoich II; last day for Stoich I test corrections during plus period
Monday, December 17 - Gases: Pressure conversions; ASSIGNMENT: Pressure conversions on MasteringChemistry
Tuesday, December 18 - Gases: Predicting weather; Gas Laws; ASSIGNMENT: Combined Gas Law on MasteringChemistry
Wednesday, December 19 - STP; ASSIGNMENT: STP conversions
Thursday, December 20 - Go over STP problems; Video "A Matter of State"
Friday, December 21 - (make up day - class is IN session) MacGyver day
Monday, December 24 - Friday, January 4 - NO SCHOOL
Monday, January 7 - Gases continued: Review of conversions and Combined Gas Law on MasteringChemistry
Tuesday, January 8 - Ideal Gas Law; ASSIGNMENT: Ideal Gas Law on MasteringChemistry
Wednesday, January 9 - Dalton's Law of Partial Pressures; ASSIGNMENT: Dalton's Law on MasteringChemistry
Thursday, January 10 - Go Over Dalton's Law; lab prep
Friday, January 11 - Molar Volume of a Gas lab (formal lab report due on Canvas no later than Friday, January 18)
Monday, January 14 - Gas Stoichiometry; ASSIGNMENT: Gas Stoich on MasteringChemistry; Stoich II test corrections - complete in SRT or plus period any day this week - required unless 100%; due by Friday, January 18
Tuesday, January 15 - Effusion/Diffusion, Review
Wednesday, January 16 - Test on Gases
Thursday, January 17 - Solutions; ASSIGNMENT: Solutions terms on Canvas
Friday, January 18 - Solutions ; Last day to turn in formal lab report on Canvas; Last day to do test corrections during SRT or Plus period
Monday, January 21 - NO SCHOOL - MLK Day
The Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 10 pm.
- If you need a tutor, Mr. Rapp has a list going, or you can try the IU Chemistry Student Tutor List
- SAVE PAPER AND INK!!! When you print out the notes on PowerPoint, print "Handouts" instead of "Slides" in the print setup. Also, turn off the backgrounds in Office 2003 (Tools>Options>Print>UNcheck "Background Printing")!