- The NASA Cassini Scientist for a Day essay contest info can be found here!
- Go to MyBigCampus.com for answers to the study guides and online submissions!
- You can access your textbook ONLINE at http://my.hrw.com
Use the user name provided in class. Use your Skyward password.
- So you don't have Power Point, but you need to print the notes? Download a free Power Point Viewer here.
Monday, March 2 - 2 HR DELAY - Review
Tuesday, March 3 - Test on Bonding
Wednesday, March 4 - Reactions; ASSIGNMENT: Balancing Reaction Equations Practice
Thursday, March 5 - 2 HR DELAY - Synthesis reactions; ASSIGNMENT: 1-3 of Practice worksheet I
Friday, March 6 - More types of reactions; ASSIGNMENT: Practice worksheet I
Monday, March 9 - Go over reactions; Combustions; more practice; ASSIGNMENT: Equation Problem Set II & test corrections due NO LATER THAN Friday
Tuesday, March 10 - Net ionic reactions; ASSIGNMENT: Net Ionic Equation worksheet
Wednesday, March 11 - Go over net ionic reactions
Thursday, March 12 - Review
Friday, March 13 - Test on Reactions; LAST day to turn in test corrections
Monday, March 16 - Friday, March 20 - NO SCHOOL, Spring Break
Monday, March 23 - Stoichiometry: The mole; ASSIGNMENT: Moles and Particles worksheet
Tuesday, March 24 - Stoichiometry: Molar Mass; ASSIGNMENT: Finding moles and molar mass worksheet; test corrections due no later than next Tuesday
Wednesday, March 25 - Stoichiometry: Conversions; ASSIGNMENT: Mass, moles, atoms, and molecules worksheet
Thursday, March 26 - Stoichiometry: Percent composition and empirical & molecular formulas; ASSIGNMENT: % comp, emperical/molecular formula worksheet
Friday, March 27 - Finish Empirical & Molecular Formulas; Mole video
Monday, March 30 - Review for test
Tuesday, March 31- last day to turn in test corrections; Test on Stoich Part I
Wednesday, April 1 - Stoichiometry Part II: Mole Ratios; ASSIGNMENT: Mole ratio worksheet
- The Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 10 pm.
- Chapters 1a & 2: Introduction to Chemistry and Measurements
- Chapters 1b and 3: Matter
- Chapter 21: Radioactivity and Nuclear Energy
- Chapter 4: Modern Atomic Theory and Chapter 5: Periodicity
- Chapter 7: Nomenclature
- Final Exam Study Guide
- Final Exam Study Guide answers page 1 page 2
- Chapter 6: Chemical Bonding
- Chapters 7 and 8: Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 9: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 11: Gas Laws
- Chapters 12 and 13: Solutions
- Chapter 14 and 15: Acids and Bases
- Chapter 18: Chemicial Equilibrium
if time allows
- Final Exam review
- Final Exam review answers
- ATTENTION VISITING TEACHERS! The power points have been changed so the answers to the "learning check" problems are deleted. If you would like the complete set of power points to use in your class, please email me for instructions on getting a CD. (SASE w/CD or $5 to cover costs)
- SAVE PAPER AND INK!!! When you print out the notes on PowerPoint, print "Handouts" instead of "Slides" in the print setup. Also, turn off the backgrounds in Office 2003 (Tools>Options>Print>UNcheck "Background Printing")!