- The NASA Cassini Scientist for a Day essay contest info can be found here!
- Go to MyBigCampus.com for answers to the study guides and online submissions!
- You can access your textbook ONLINE at http://my.hrw.com
Use the user name provided in class. Use your Skyward password.
- So you don't have Power Point, but you need to print the notes? Download a free Power Point Viewer here.
Monday, February 16 thru Thursday, February 19 - SNOW DAYS
Friday, February 20 - 2 HR DELAY - Syllabus; Bonding study guide
Monday, February 23 - 2 HR DELAY - Bonding: Types of Bonds; ASSIGNMENT: Electronegativity difference bond types worksheet
Tuesday, February 24 - Bonding: Lewis structures; ASSIGNMENT: Types of Bonds and Introduction to Lewis Structures worksheet
Wednesday, February 25 - Bonding: Lewis structures of ions, involving multiple bonds; ASSIGNMENT: Lewis structure worksheet & VSEPR (skip geometry for today)
Thursday, February 26 - Bonding: VSEPR; ASSIGNMENT: VSEPR worksheet
Friday, February 27 - Bonding: Polarity; ASSIGNMENT: Geometry on Lewis structure worksheet & VSEPR
Monday, March 2 - 2 HR DELAY - Review
Tuesday, March 3 (or next full or delayed school day) - Test on Bonding
Wednesday, March 4 - Reactions
- The Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 10 pm.
- Chapters 1a & 2: Introduction to Chemistry and Measurements
- Chapters 1b and 3: Matter
- Chapter 21: Radioactivity and Nuclear Energy
- Chapter 4: Modern Atomic Theory and Chapter 5: Periodicity
- Chapter 7: Nomenclature
- Final Exam Study Guide
- Final Exam Study Guide answers page 1 page 2
- Chapter 6: Chemical Bonding
- Chapters 7 and 8: Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 9: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 11: Gas Laws
- Chapters 12 and 13: Solutions
- Chapter 14 and 15: Acids and Bases
- Chapter 18: Chemicial Equilibrium
if time allows
- Final Exam review
- Final Exam review answers
- ATTENTION VISITING TEACHERS! The power points have been changed so the answers to the "learning check" problems are deleted. If you would like the complete set of power points to use in your class, please email me for instructions on getting a CD. (SASE w/CD or $5 to cover costs)
- SAVE PAPER AND INK!!! When you print out the notes on PowerPoint, print "Handouts" instead of "Slides" in the print setup. Also, turn off the backgrounds in Office 2003 (Tools>Options>Print>UNcheck "Background Printing")!