- Go to MyBigCampus.com for multiple choice portions of test corrections and for answers to the study guides!
- You can access your textbook ONLINE at http://my.hrw.com
Use the user name provided in class. Use your Skyward password.
- So you don't have Power Point, but you need to print the notes? Download a free Power Point Viewer here.
Monday, August 4 - Syllabus, paperwork, element quiz explanation - link to Quizlet flash cards/game to help you study for the element quiz!
Tuesday, August 5 - Finish syllabus; Observations
Wednesday, August 6 - Chapter 1 notes: Branches of chemistry
Thursday, August 7 - Scientific Notation and SI; ASSIGNMENT: Sci Not and Metric conversion worksheet (skip 1-10)
Friday, August 8 - Quiz on element symbols; ASSIGNMENT: 1-10 on Metric conversion worksheet
Monday, August 11 - More factor-label method; Conversions; ASSIGNMENT: Factor-Label and SI conversions worksheet
Tuesday, August 12 - Finish conversions; ASSIGNMENT: Imperial and Metric conversion worksheet
Wednesday, August 13 - Significant digits; ASSIGNMENTS: Measurement Precision worksheet and Significant Digits worksheet
Thursday, August 14 - Rounding with sig figs; lab safety; lab prep; ASSIGNMENT: Rounding worksheet
Friday, August 15 - Quiz on names and functions of lab equipment; Measurement lab
Monday, August 18 - Go over rounding, lab; Density; ASSIGNMENT: Density worksheet
Tuesday, August 19 - Go over density; review; study guide answers on MyBigCampus (go to groups, select the class, then look in resources)
Wednesday, August 20 - Test on Chapters 1 & 2
Thursday, August 21 - Observations lab
Friday, August 22 - Matter notes; Last day to turn in Measurement labs
Monday, August 25 - Finish matter notes
- The Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 10 pm.
- Chapters 1a & 2: Introduction to Chemistry and Measurements
- Chapters 1b and 3: Matter
- Chapter 21: Radioactivity and Nuclear Energy
- Chapter 4: Modern Atomic Theory and Chapter 5: Periodicity
- Chapter 7: Nomenclature
- Final Exam Study Guide
- Final Exam Study Guide answers page 1 page 2
- Chapter 6: Chemical Bonding
- Chapters 7 and 8: Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 9: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 11: Gas Laws
- Chapters 12 and 13: Solutions
- Chapter 14 and 15: Acids and Bases
- Chapter 18: Chemicial Equilibrium
if time allows
- Final Exam review
- Final Exam review answers
- ATTENTION VISITING TEACHERS! The power points have been changed so the answers to the "learning check" problems are deleted. If you would like the complete set of power points to use in your class, please email me for instructions on getting a CD. (SASE w/CD or $5 to cover costs)
- SAVE PAPER AND INK!!! When you print out the notes on PowerPoint, print "Handouts" instead of "Slides" in the print setup. Also, turn off the backgrounds in Office 2003 (Tools>Options>Print>UNcheck "Background Printing")!