- The NASA Cassini Scientist for a Day essay contest info can be found here!
- You can access your textbook ONLINE at http://my.hrw.com
Use your Skyward username and password.
- So you don't have Power Point, but you need to print the notes? Download a free Power Point Viewer here.
Monday, March 6 - Total and Net ionic Equations; ASSIGNMENT: Net Ionic Equation worksheet
Tuesday, March 7 - Go over Total and Net ionics
Wednesday, March 8 - Review Day
Thursday, March 9 - Test on Reactions
Friday, March 10 - MacGyver day
Monday, March 13 - Friday, March 17 - NO SCHOOL, Spring Break
Monday, March 20 - Stoich Part I: The Mole; ASSIGNMENT: Moles and Particles worksheet
Tuesday, March 21 - Molar mass; ASSIGNMENT: Finding moles and molar mass worksheet
Wednesday, March 22 - Using Avogadro's number and molar mass together; ASSIGNMENT: Mass, moles, atoms, and molecules worksheet
Thursday, March 23 - % composition and empirical/molecular formulas; ASSIGNMENT: % comp, emperical/molecular formula worksheet
Friday, March 24 - Go over empirical/molecular formulas
Monday, March 27 - Review
Tuedsday, March 28 - Test on Stoichiometry (Part I)
Wednesday, March 29 - Stoichiometry (Part II)
The Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 10 pm.
- Chapters 1a & 2: Introduction to Chemistry and Measurements
- Chapters 1b and 3: Matter
- Chapter 21: Radioactivity and Nuclear Energy
- Chapter 4: Modern Atomic Theory and Chapter 5: Periodicity
- Chapter 7a: Nomenclature
- Chapter 6: Chemical Bonding
- Final Exam Study Guide
- Final Exam Study Guide answers page 1 page 2
- Chapter 8: Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 7b: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 10: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 11: Gas Laws
- Chapters 12 and 13: Solutions
- Chapter 14 and 15: Acids and Bases
- Chapter 18: Chemicial Equilibrium
if time allows
- Final Exam review
- Final Exam review answers
- ATTENTION VISITING TEACHERS! The power points have been changed so the answers to the "learning check" problems are deleted. If you would like the complete set of power points to use in your class, please email me for instructions on getting a CD. (SASE w/CD or $5 to cover costs)
- SAVE PAPER AND INK!!! When you print out the notes on PowerPoint, print "Handouts" instead of "Slides" in the print setup. Also, turn off the backgrounds in Office 2003 (Tools>Options>Print>UNcheck "Background Printing")!