- The NASA Cassini Scientist for a Day essay contest info can be found here!
- Go to MyBigCampus.com for answers to the study guides and online submissions!
- You can access your textbook ONLINE at http://my.hrw.com
Use the user name provided in class. Use your Skyward password.
- So you don't have Power Point, but you need to print the notes? Download a free Power Point Viewer here.
Monday, January 5 - Electrons; ASSIGNMENT: Frequency and Wavelength worksheet
Tuesday, January 6 -
Electrons: The Electromagnetic Spectrum
Wednesday, January 7 - Line spectra notes
Thursday, January 8 - Light lab
Friday, January 9 - Polyatomic Ion Quiz (-1's only) [link to Quizlet: -1 only]; Electrons: Intro to Quantum Mechanics - orbitals
Monday, January 12 - Diagonal Rule; Electron configuations; ASSGIGNMENT: Top half of Electron configuration worksheet
Tuesday, January 13 - Shorthand Notation; ASSIGNMENT: Bottom half of Electron configuration worksheet; Passed back exams - corrections due no later than next Tuesday
Wednesday, January 14 - Valence electrons; ions; exceptions; ASSIGNMENT: Valence electrons and ion configs
Thursday, January 15 - Orbital Diagrams; ASSIGNMENT: Draw orbital diagrams for N, Cu, Sn, W; last day to turn in Light lab
Friday, January 16 - Polyatomic Ion Quiz (all but -1's only) [link to Quizlet: +1 -2 -3 only]; Flame test lab
Monday, January 19 - NO SCHOOL
Tuesday, January 20 - last day to turn in test corrections; Periodic trends; ASSIGNMENT: Modern Chemistry p. 160 # 32, 38
Wednesday, January 21 - Periodic Trends; How to write formal lab reports; ASSIGNMENT: Modern Chemistry p. 160 # 35, 37; flame test formal lab reports due no later than next Wednesday
Thursday, January 22 - Review; Polyatomic Ion Quiz (all mixed) [link to Quizlet: all mixed]
Friday, January 23 - Test on Electrons
Monday, January 26 - Nomenclature: Video
Tuesday, January 27 - Nomenclature: Video & cut out ions for dry lab
Wednesday, January 28 - Nomenclature notes
Thursday, January 29 - Dry lab
Friday, January 30 - last day to turn in formal lab reports; Ionic nomenclature worksheet
- The Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 10 pm.
- Chapters 1a & 2: Introduction to Chemistry and Measurements
- Chapters 1b and 3: Matter
- Chapter 21: Radioactivity and Nuclear Energy
- Chapter 4: Modern Atomic Theory and Chapter 5: Periodicity
- Chapter 7: Nomenclature
- Final Exam Study Guide
- Final Exam Study Guide answers page 1 page 2
- Chapter 6: Chemical Bonding
- Chapters 7 and 8: Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 9: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 11: Gas Laws
- Chapters 12 and 13: Solutions
- Chapter 14 and 15: Acids and Bases
- Chapter 18: Chemicial Equilibrium
if time allows
- Final Exam review
- Final Exam review answers
- ATTENTION VISITING TEACHERS! The power points have been changed so the answers to the "learning check" problems are deleted. If you would like the complete set of power points to use in your class, please email me for instructions on getting a CD. (SASE w/CD or $5 to cover costs)
- SAVE PAPER AND INK!!! When you print out the notes on PowerPoint, print "Handouts" instead of "Slides" in the print setup. Also, turn off the backgrounds in Office 2003 (Tools>Options>Print>UNcheck "Background Printing")!