- The NASA Cassini Scientist for a Day essay contest info can be found here!
- Go to MyBigCampus.com for answers to the study guides and online submissions!
- You can access your textbook ONLINE at http://my.hrw.com
Use the user name provided in class. Use your Skyward password.
- So you don't have Power Point, but you need to print the notes? Download a free Power Point Viewer here.
Monday, November 3 - Syllabus
Tuesday, November 4 - NO SCHOOL - Election Day
Wednesday, November 5 - Rules; Observations
Thursday, November 6 - Intro notes
Friday, November 7 - Intro notes; Element Symbol Quiz (link to Quizlet online flash cards); ASSIGNMENT: Sci Not and Metric conversion worksheet
Monday, November 10 - Metric prefixes; Mass vs. Weight; Conversions; ASSIGNMENT: Factor-Label and SI conversions worksheet
Tuesday, November 11 - Imprerial and Metric conversions: ASSIGNMENT: Imperial and Metric conversion worksheet
Wednesday, November 12 - Sig figs; ASSIGNMENTS: Measurement Precision worksheet & Significant Digits worksheet
Thursday, November 13 - Rounding with sig figs; ChemGames safety video; ASSIGNMENT: Read lab directions and Rounding worksheet
Friday, November 14 - Lab Equipment Quiz (Quizlet: names/functions, names/pictures [has extra]); safety equipment; observations lab experiment
Monday, November 17 - Go over rounding; Density; ASSIGNMENT: Density worksheet & READ LAB INSTRUCTIONS!
Tuesday, November 18 - Measurement & Density lab
Wednesday, November 19 - Review
Thursday, November 20 - Test on Intro and Measurement
Friday, November 21 - last day to turn in Observations lab
Monday, November 24 - Friday, November 28 - NO SCHOOL
Monday, December 1 - Matter notes
Tuesday, December 2 - Last day to turn in measurement lab; matter notes; ASSIGNMENT: Periodic table labeling assignment (blank table), test corrections due NO LATER THAN next Tuesday (required homework... not optional, not extra points, everyone does it!)
Wednesday, December 3 - Video "The Atom"
Thursday, December 4 - Elements, Atoms, and Ions notes
Friday, December 5 - Counting protons, neutrons, and electrons; ASSIGNMENT: Isotope Puzzle
Monday, December 8 - Dalton's Atomic Theory; Average Atomic mass; ASSIGNMENT: Average atomic mass worksheet
Tuesday, December 9 - last day to turn in test corrections; periodic table notes
Wednesday, December 10 - Nuclear Reaction video
Thursday, December 11 - Out from the Shadows video
Friday, December 12 - Balancing Nuclear Equations; ASSIGNMENT: Balancing Nuclear Equations
Monday, December 15 - Nuclear: Go over equations, fission vs. fusion; power plants
Tuesday, December 16 - Nuclear: Fusion, half life; ASSIGNMENT: Half-Life worksheet
Wednesday, December 17 - Go over half life
Thursday, December 18 - Review
Friday, December 19 - Test on matter & nuclear
Monday, December 22 - Friday, January 2 - NO SCHOOL
Monday, January 5 - Electrons
- The Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 10 pm.
- Chapters 1a & 2: Introduction to Chemistry and Measurements
- Chapters 1b and 3: Matter
- Chapter 21: Radioactivity and Nuclear Energy
- Chapter 4: Modern Atomic Theory and Chapter 5: Periodicity
- Chapter 7: Nomenclature
- Final Exam Study Guide
- Final Exam Study Guide answers page 1 page 2
- Chapter 6: Chemical Bonding
- Chapters 7 and 8: Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 9: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 11: Gas Laws
- Chapters 12 and 13: Solutions
- Chapter 14 and 15: Acids and Bases
- Chapter 18: Chemicial Equilibrium
if time allows
- Final Exam review
- Final Exam review answers
- ATTENTION VISITING TEACHERS! The power points have been changed so the answers to the "learning check" problems are deleted. If you would like the complete set of power points to use in your class, please email me for instructions on getting a CD. (SASE w/CD or $5 to cover costs)
- SAVE PAPER AND INK!!! When you print out the notes on PowerPoint, print "Handouts" instead of "Slides" in the print setup. Also, turn off the backgrounds in Office 2003 (Tools>Options>Print>UNcheck "Background Printing")!