- Online textbook and MasteringChemistry
log in through Canvas, go to this class, then select MyLab and Mastering
- You can access and/or download your book to a tablet or phone. To get the eText 2.0 app from Mastering's Mobile view, sign into your Mastering course with your student account on a mobile browser on masteringchemistry.com (do NOT go through Canvas). Open the Mobile view menu, select eText 2.0, and then choose the download link for the mobile app.
- So you don't have Power Point, but you need to print the notes? Download a free Power Point Viewer here.
Monday, November 5 - Pre-test; course info review; Sign into Mastering Chemistry and complete the review assignment for Wednesday
Tuesday, November 6 - NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS - Professional Development Day/Election Day
Wednesday, November 7 - Balancing Reaction Equations & reaction terms; ASSIGNMENT: Balancing Reactions on MasteringChemistry
Thursday, November 8 - Predicting Products in Reactions: Synthesis and Decomposition; ASSIGNMENT: Top half of Practice worksheet I
Friday, November 9 - Predicting Products in Reactions: Replacements and Combustion; ASSIGNMENT: Bottom half of Practice worksheet I
Monday, November 12 - ASSIGNMENT: Equation Problem Set II
Tuesday, November 13 - Total and Net Ionic Reactions; ASSIGNMENT:
Net Ionic Equation worksheet
Wednesday, November 14 - Review
Thursday, November 15 - Test on Reactions - in the event of school being cancelled on Thursday, the test will take place on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 16. In the event of a delay on Thursday, the video will be on Thursday and the test will be moved to FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 16.
Friday, November 16 - (3rd period take A lunch today only) Video
Monday, November 19 - Friday, November 23 - NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving Break
Monday, November 26 - Stoichiometry part I
The Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 10 pm.
- If you need a tutor, Mr. Rapp has a list going, or you can try the IU Chemistry Student Tutor List
- SAVE PAPER AND INK!!! When you print out the notes on PowerPoint, print "Handouts" instead of "Slides" in the print setup. Also, turn off the backgrounds in Office 2003 (Tools>Options>Print>UNcheck "Background Printing")!