- Go to MyBigCampus.com for multiple choice portions of test corrections and for answers to the study guides!
- You can access your textbook ONLINE at http://my.hrw.com
Use the user name provided in class. Use your Skyward password.
- So you don't have Power Point, but you need to print the notes? Download a free Power Point Viewer here.
Monday, February 24 - Policies, review, intro to Bonding - types of bonds; ASSIGNMENT: Electronegativity difference bond types worksheet
Tuesday, February 25 - Bonding: Lewis structures; ASSIGNMENT: Types of Bonds and Introduction to Lewis Structures worksheet
Wednesday, February 26 - Lewis structures: exceptions and ions; ASSIGNMENT: Lewis structure column ONLY on VSEPR worksheet
Thursday, February 27 - Geometery & VSEPR; ASSIGNMENT: complete the VSEPR worksheet
Friday, February 28 - Go over VSEPR worksheet; Polarity
Monday, March 3 - SNOW DAY
Tuesday, March 4 - Review
Wednesday, March 5 - Test on Bonding
Thursday, March 6 - Balancing Reaction Equations & terms; ASSIGNMENT: Balancing Reaction Equations Practice
Friday, March 7 - Reactions: Synthesis and Decomposition; ASSIGNMENT: Top part of Practice worksheet I
Monday, March 10 - Reactions: Replacements and Combustion; ASSIGNMENT: Bottom part of Practice worksheet I
Tuesday, March 11 - Equation Problem Set II
- The Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 10 pm.
- Chapters 1a & 2: Introduction to Chemistry and Measurements
- Chapters 1b and 3: Matter
- Chapter 21: Radioactivity and Nuclear Energy
- Chapter 4: Modern Atomic Theory and Chapter 5: Periodicity
- Chapter 7: Nomenclature
- Final Exam Study Guide
- Final Exam Study Guide answers page 1 page 2
- Chapter 6: Chemical Bonding
- Chapters 7 and 8: Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 9: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 11: Gas Laws
- Chapters 12 and 13: Solutions
- Chapter 14 and 15: Acids and Bases
- Chapter 18: Chemicial Equilibrium
if time allows
- Final Exam review
- Final Exam review answers
- ATTENTION VISITING TEACHERS! The power points have been changed so the answers to the "learning check" problems are deleted. If you would like the complete set of power points to use in your class, please email me for instructions on getting a CD. (SASE w/CD or $5 to cover costs)
- SAVE PAPER AND INK!!! When you print out the notes on PowerPoint, print "Handouts" instead of "Slides" in the print setup. Also, turn off the backgrounds in Office 2003 (Tools>Options>Print>UNcheck "Background Printing")!