- The NASA Cassini Scientist for a Day essay contest info can be found here!
- You can access your textbook ONLINE at http://my.hrw.com
Use your Skyward username and password.
- So you don't have Power Point, but you need to print the notes? Download a free Power Point Viewer here.
Monday, August 3 - Syllabus; Safety contract
Tuesday, August 4 - Finish rules; Observation quiz
Wednesday, August 5 - Begin Intro and Measurement notes
Thursday, August 6 -
Friday, August 7 - Common Element Symbol Quiz (link to Quizlet online flash cards)
Monday, August 10 -
Tuesday, August 11 -
Wednesday, August 12 -
Thursday, August 13 -
Friday, August 14 - Lab Equipment Quiz (Quizlet: names/functions, names/pictures [has extra])
- The Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 10 pm.
- Chapters 1a & 2: Introduction to Chemistry and Measurements
- Chapters 1b and 3: Matter
- Chapter 21: Radioactivity and Nuclear Energy
- Chapter 4: Modern Atomic Theory and Chapter 5: Periodicity
- Chapter 7a: Nomenclature
- Final Exam Study Guide
- Final Exam Study Guide answers page 1 page 2
- Chapter 6: Chemical Bonding
- Chapter 8: Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 7b: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 10: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 11: Gas Laws
- Chapters 12 and 13: Solutions
- Chapter 14 and 15: Acids and Bases
- Chapter 18: Chemicial Equilibrium
if time allows
- Final Exam review
- Final Exam review answers
- ATTENTION VISITING TEACHERS! The power points have been changed so the answers to the "learning check" problems are deleted. If you would like the complete set of power points to use in your class, please email me for instructions on getting a CD. (SASE w/CD or $5 to cover costs)
- SAVE PAPER AND INK!!! When you print out the notes on PowerPoint, print "Handouts" instead of "Slides" in the print setup. Also, turn off the backgrounds in Office 2003 (Tools>Options>Print>UNcheck "Background Printing")!