- Online textbook and MasteringChemistry
log in through Canvas, go to this class, then select MyLab and Mastering
- You can access and/or download your book to a tablet or phone. To get the eText 2.0 app from Mastering's Mobile view, sign into your Mastering course with your student account on a mobile browser on masteringchemistry.com (do NOT go through Canvas). Open the Mobile view menu, select eText 2.0, and then choose the download link for the mobile app.
- So you don't have Power Point, but you need to print the notes? Download a free Power Point Viewer here.
Monday, December 3 - Stoich part II: mole ratios; ASSIGNMENT: Mole Ratios on MasteringChemistry; Reactions test corrections - complete in SRT or plus period anytime this week - required unless 100% on problem section; due by Friday, December 7
Tuesday, December 4 - Stoich part II: combining mass with mole ratios; ASSIGNMENT: Stoichiometry worksheet I
Wednesday, December 5 - Stoich part II: Mass-Mass; ASSIGNMENT: Mass-Mass on MasteringChemistry
Thursday, December 6 - Stoich part II: Limiting Reactant; ASSIGNMENT: Limiting Reactant on MasteringChemistry - due Tuesday
Friday, December 7 - Stoich Lab; last day for reactions test corrections during plus period
Monday, December 10 - Stoich Lab day 2; Stoich I test corrections - complete in SRT or plus period anytime this week - required unless 100% on problem section; due by Friday, December 14
Tuesday, December 11 - Limiting reactant assignment due; Limiting Reactant: Finding Excess; ASSIGNMENT: Limiting Reactant and Excess worksheet page 1 page 2
Wednesday, December 12 - Lab calculations
Thursday, December 13 - Review; lab reports due
Friday, December 14 - Test on Stoich II; last day for Stoich I test corrections during plus period
Monday, December 17 - Gases: Pressure conversions; ASSIGNMENT: Pressure conversions on MasteringChemistry
Tuesday, December 18 - Gases: Predicting weather; Gas Laws; ASSIGNMENT: Combined Gas Law on MasteringChemistry
Wednesday, December 19 - STP; ASSIGNMENT: STP conversions
Thursday, December 20 -
Friday, December 21 - (make up day - class is IN session) MacGyver day
Monday, December 24 - Friday, January 4 - NO SCHOOL
Monday, January 7 - Gases continued
The Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 10 pm.
- If you need a tutor, Mr. Rapp has a list going, or you can try the IU Chemistry Student Tutor List
- SAVE PAPER AND INK!!! When you print out the notes on PowerPoint, print "Handouts" instead of "Slides" in the print setup. Also, turn off the backgrounds in Office 2003 (Tools>Options>Print>UNcheck "Background Printing")!