- The NASA Cassini Scientist for a Day essay contest info can be found here!
- Go to MyBigCampus.com for answers to the study guides and online submissions!
- You can access your textbook ONLINE at http://my.hrw.com
Use the user name provided in class. Use your Skyward password.
- So you don't have Power Point, but you need to print the notes? Download a free Power Point Viewer here.
Monday, September 29 - Review
Tuesday, September 30 - last day to turn in test corrections; test on Electrons
Wednesday, October 1 - Flame test lab
Thursday, October 2 - Writing a lab report
Friday, October 3 - Polyatomic ion quiz: all except -1
Monday, October 6 - Friday, October 10 - FALL BREAK
Monday, October 13 - Nomenclature; ASSIGNMENT: cut out ion pieces
Tuesday, October 14 - Ionic Bonding dry lab
Wednesday, October 15 - PSAT
Thursday, October 16 - last day to turn in formal lab reports; Naming Grid; test corrections due no later than next Thursday
Friday, October 17 - Polyatomic ion quiz: Mixed (all); Rainbow Matrix nomenclature game
Monday, October 20 - Ionic nomenclature worksheet
Tuesday, October 21 - Covalent nomenclature: ASSIGNMENT: Ionic and Covalent nomenclature worksheet (no acids)
Wednesday, October 22 - Ionic and Covalent nomenclature worksheet (no acids) ANSWERS; Acid nomenclature notes; ASSIGNMENT: Acid Nomenclature Worksheet and Mixed review (ionic, covalent, and acids)
Thursday, October 23 - Review; last day to turn in Electron test corrections; ANSWERS for acid worksheet and mixed review
Friday, October 24 - Nomenclature exam
Monday, October 27- Final Exam Review
Tuesday, October 28 - Final Exam Review
Wednesday, October 29 - Final Exam Review
Thursday, October 30 - Final Exams 2, 3, 4
Friday, October 31 - Final Exams 1, 3, 5
- The Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 10 pm.
- Chapters 1a & 2: Introduction to Chemistry and Measurements
- Chapters 1b and 3: Matter
- Chapter 21: Radioactivity and Nuclear Energy
- Chapter 4: Modern Atomic Theory and Chapter 5: Periodicity
- Chapter 7: Nomenclature
- Final Exam Study Guide
- Final Exam Study Guide answers page 1 page 2
- Chapter 6: Chemical Bonding
- Chapters 7 and 8: Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 9: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 11: Gas Laws
- Chapters 12 and 13: Solutions
- Chapter 14 and 15: Acids and Bases
- Chapter 18: Chemicial Equilibrium
if time allows
- Final Exam review
- Final Exam review answers
- ATTENTION VISITING TEACHERS! The power points have been changed so the answers to the "learning check" problems are deleted. If you would like the complete set of power points to use in your class, please email me for instructions on getting a CD. (SASE w/CD or $5 to cover costs)
- SAVE PAPER AND INK!!! When you print out the notes on PowerPoint, print "Handouts" instead of "Slides" in the print setup. Also, turn off the backgrounds in Office 2003 (Tools>Options>Print>UNcheck "Background Printing")!