- The NASA Cassini Scientist for a Day essay contest info can be found here!
- You can access your textbook ONLINE at http://my.hrw.com
Use your Skyward username and password.
- So you don't have Power Point, but you need to print the notes? Download a free Power Point Viewer here.
Monday, November 14 - Reactions: Replacements and Combustion; ASSIGNMENT: Bottom section of Practice worksheet I
Tuesday, November 15 - Equation Problem Set II
Wednesday, November 16 - Total and Net ionic equations; ASSIGNMENT: Net Ionic Equation worksheet
Thursday, November 17 - Review
Friday, November 18 - last day to turn in test corrections without penalty; test on Reactions
Monday, November 21 through Friday, November 26 - Thanksgiving Break
Monday, November 28 - Stoich part I: The mole; ASSIGNMENT: Moles and Particles worksheet
Tuesday, November 29 - Molar mass; ASSIGNMENT: Finding moles and molar mass worksheet
Wednesday, November 30 - Combining Avogadro's Number and Molar Mass; ASSIGNMENT: Mass, moles, atoms, and molecules worksheet
Thursday, December 1 - % composition and empirical/molecular formulas; ASSIGNMENT: % comp, emperical/molecular formula worksheet; test corrections due no later than next Thursday
Friday, December 2 - Finish formulas
Monday, December 5 - Review Day
Tuesday, December 6 - Test on Stoich Part I
Wednesday, December 7 - Stoich Part II
Thursday, December 8 - last day to turn in test corrections without penalty
The Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 10 pm.
- Chapters 1a & 2: Introduction to Chemistry and Measurements
- Chapters 1b and 3: Matter
- Chapter 21: Radioactivity and Nuclear Energy
- Chapter 4: Modern Atomic Theory and Chapter 5: Periodicity
- Chapter 7a: Nomenclature
- Chapter 6: Chemical Bonding
- Final Exam Study Guide
- Final Exam Study Guide answers page 1 page 2
- Chapter 8: Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 7b: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 10: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 11: Gas Laws
- Chapters 12 and 13: Solutions
- Chapter 14 and 15: Acids and Bases
- Chapter 18: Chemicial Equilibrium
if time allows
- Final Exam review
- Final Exam review answers
- ATTENTION VISITING TEACHERS! The power points have been changed so the answers to the "learning check" problems are deleted. If you would like the complete set of power points to use in your class, please email me for instructions on getting a CD. (SASE w/CD or $5 to cover costs)
- SAVE PAPER AND INK!!! When you print out the notes on PowerPoint, print "Handouts" instead of "Slides" in the print setup. Also, turn off the backgrounds in Office 2003 (Tools>Options>Print>UNcheck "Background Printing")!