- The NASA Cassini Scientist for a Day essay contest info can be found here!
- Go to MyBigCampus.com for answers to the study guides and online submissions!
- You can access your textbook ONLINE at http://my.hrw.com
Use the user name provided in class. Use your Skyward password.
- So you don't have Power Point, but you need to print the notes? Download a free Power Point Viewer here.
Monday, April 27 - Review
Tuesday, April 28 - Test on Gases
Wednesday, April 29 - Solutions terms worksheet
Thursday, April 30 - Solutions notes; last day to turn in test corrections without penalty; last day to turn in formal lab reports without penalty
Friday, May 1 - Molarity; ASSIGNMENT: Molarity worksheet & test corrections for gases
Monday, May 4 - (Snow make up day) % by mass; colligative properties; ASSIGNMENT: Percent by mass worksheet
Tuesday, May 5 - NO SCHOOL - Election Day
Wednesday, May 6 - Go over % problems; Lab prep; ASSIGNMENT: Read the directions!
Thursday, May 7 - Standardization of NaOH lab
Friday, May 8 - Finish lab; Last day to turn in gases test corrections without penalty
Monday, May 11 - Acid & Base definitions; Review of acid nomenclature; ASSIGNMENT: Acid Nomenclature Worksheet
Tuesday, May 12 - Acid-Base Definitions; ASSIGNMENT: Bronsted-Lowry pairs worksheet
Wednesday, May 13 - pH; ASSIGNMENT: pH calculations worksheet
Thursday, May 14 - (Teacher At Conference) pH grid
Friday, May 15 - (Teacher At Conference) Last day to turn in NaOH lab reports - be sure to record the average Molarity for the vinegar lab; Acid & Base Video; Read vinegar lab for Monday
Monday, May 18 - Vinegar lab
Tuesday, May 19 - Dilutions and titrations; ASSIGNMENT: Dilution worksheet and Titration worksheet
Wednesday, May 20 - Review Day
Thursday, May 21 - Test on Solutions and Acids & Bases
Friday, May 22 - Final Exam review
Monday, May 25 - NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
Tuesday, May 26 - Final Exam review answers; last day to turn in vinegar labs
Wednesday, May 27 - Final Exams 2, 3, 4
Thursday, May 28 - Final Exams 1, 3, 5
Friday, May 29 - Last teacher day - No School for Students
- The Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 10 pm.
- Chapters 1a & 2: Introduction to Chemistry and Measurements
- Chapters 1b and 3: Matter
- Chapter 21: Radioactivity and Nuclear Energy
- Chapter 4: Modern Atomic Theory and Chapter 5: Periodicity
- Chapter 7a: Nomenclature
- Final Exam Study Guide
- Final Exam Study Guide answers page 1 page 2
- Chapter 6: Chemical Bonding
- Chapter 8: Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 7b: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 10: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 11: Gas Laws
- Chapters 12 and 13: Solutions
- Chapter 14 and 15: Acids and Bases
- Chapter 18: Chemicial Equilibrium
if time allows
- Final Exam review
- Final Exam review answers
- ATTENTION VISITING TEACHERS! The power points have been changed so the answers to the "learning check" problems are deleted. If you would like the complete set of power points to use in your class, please email me for instructions on getting a CD. (SASE w/CD or $5 to cover costs)
- SAVE PAPER AND INK!!! When you print out the notes on PowerPoint, print "Handouts" instead of "Slides" in the print setup. Also, turn off the backgrounds in Office 2003 (Tools>Options>Print>UNcheck "Background Printing")!