- HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Here is an mp3 of the Thanksgiving rap!
- The NASA Cassini Scientist for a Day essay contest info can be found here!
- You can access your textbook ONLINE at http://my.hrw.com
Use your Skyward username and password.
- So you don't have Power Point, but you need to print the notes? Download a free Power Point Viewer here.
Monday, November 2 - Chemical Bonding; ASSIGNMENT: Electronegativity difference bond types worksheet
Tuesday, November 3 - NO SCHOOL, Election Day
Wednesday, November 4 - Chemical Bonding: Lewis structures; ASSIGNMENT: Types of Bonds and Introduction to Lewis Structures worksheet
Thursday, November 5 - Chemical Bonding: Ions and Exceptions; ASSIGNMENT: Original Lewis structure column ONLY on VSEPR worksheet
Friday, November 6 - Chemical Bonding: VSEPR; ASSIGNMENT: remainder of VSEPR worksheet
Monday, November 9 - VSEPR worksheet
Tuesday, November 10 - Polarity notes
Wednesday, November 11 - Review
Thursday, November 12 - Test on Bonding
Friday, November 13 - Balancing Reactions; ASSIGNMENT: Balancing Reaction Equations Practice
Monday, November 16 - Writing reactions: Synthesis and decomposition; ASSIGNMENT: Top section of Practice worksheet I
Tuesday, November 17 - Writing reactions: Replacements and combustion; ASSIGNMENT: Bottom section of Practice worksheet I
Wednesday, November 18 - Equation Problem Set II
Thursday, November 19 - Finish problem set; combustions; test corrections due no later than Thursday after break
Friday, November 20 - (sub) MacGyver
Monday, November 23 thru Friday, November 27 - NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving break
- The Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 10 pm.
- Chapters 1a & 2: Introduction to Chemistry and Measurements
- Chapters 1b and 3: Matter
- Chapter 21: Radioactivity and Nuclear Energy
- Chapter 4: Modern Atomic Theory and Chapter 5: Periodicity
- Chapter 7a: Nomenclature
- Final Exam Study Guide
- Final Exam Study Guide answers page 1 page 2
- Chapter 6: Chemical Bonding
- Chapter 8: Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 7b: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 10: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 11: Gas Laws
- Chapters 12 and 13: Solutions
- Chapter 14 and 15: Acids and Bases
- Chapter 18: Chemicial Equilibrium
if time allows
- Final Exam review
- Final Exam review answers
- ATTENTION VISITING TEACHERS! The power points have been changed so the answers to the "learning check" problems are deleted. If you would like the complete set of power points to use in your class, please email me for instructions on getting a CD. (SASE w/CD or $5 to cover costs)
- SAVE PAPER AND INK!!! When you print out the notes on PowerPoint, print "Handouts" instead of "Slides" in the print setup. Also, turn off the backgrounds in Office 2003 (Tools>Options>Print>UNcheck "Background Printing")!