- The NASA Cassini Scientist for a Day essay contest info can be found here!
- You can access your textbook ONLINE at http://my.hrw.com
Use your Skyward username and password.
- So you don't have Power Point, but you need to print the notes? Download a free Power Point Viewer here.
Monday, April 10 - Gases: Converting units; ASSIGNMENT: Conversion worksheet
Tuesday, April 11 - Gases: Combined Gas Law;
Wednesday, April 12 - ASSIGNMENT: Combined Gas Law problems
Thursday, April 13 - Gases: STP; ASSIGNMENT: STP conversions; passed back Reactions and Stoich I exams - corrections due no later than next Thursday
Friday, April 14 - Gases: Ideal Gas Law; ASSIGNMENT: Mixed Gas Law worksheet
Monday, April 17 - Dalton's Law of Partial Pressures; ASSIGNMENT: Dalton's Law of Partial Pressure problems
Tuesday, April 18 - Gas Stoichiometry; ASSIGNMENT: Gas Stoichiometry problems
Wednesday, April 19 - Molar Volume of a Gas lab (formal lab report due no later than next Wednesday on Canvas)
Thursday, April 20 - last day to turn in test corrections for Reactions and Stoich I for full credit; go over gas stoich; effusion/diffusion (short period due to ISTEP)
Friday, April 21 - Work on formal lab reports (short period due to ISTEP); passed back Stoich II exams - corrections due no later than next Friday, April 28
Monday, April 24 - Review Day
Tuesday, April 25 - Test on Gases
Wednesday, April 26 - Solutions and Acid/Base notes; formal lab reports due on Canvas by 9 am; ASSIGNMENT: solutions terms on Canvas (online submission)
Thursday, April 27 - Terminology videos
Friday, April 28 - last day to turn in Stoich II test corrections for full credit
The Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 10 pm.
- Chapters 1a & 2: Introduction to Chemistry and Measurements
- Chapters 1b and 3: Matter
- Chapter 21: Radioactivity and Nuclear Energy
- Chapter 4: Modern Atomic Theory and Chapter 5: Periodicity
- Chapter 7a: Nomenclature
- Chapter 6: Chemical Bonding
- Final Exam Study Guide
- Final Exam Study Guide answers page 1 page 2
- Chapter 8: Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 7b: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 10: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 11: Gas Laws
- Chapters 12 and 13: Solutions
- Chapter 14 and 15: Acids and Bases
- Chapter 18: Chemicial Equilibrium
if time allows
- Final Exam review
- Final Exam review answers
- ATTENTION VISITING TEACHERS! The power points have been changed so the answers to the "learning check" problems are deleted. If you would like the complete set of power points to use in your class, please email me for instructions on getting a CD. (SASE w/CD or $5 to cover costs)
- SAVE PAPER AND INK!!! When you print out the notes on PowerPoint, print "Handouts" instead of "Slides" in the print setup. Also, turn off the backgrounds in Office 2003 (Tools>Options>Print>UNcheck "Background Printing")!