- The NASA Cassini Scientist for a Day essay contest info can be found here!
- You can access your textbook ONLINE at http://my.hrw.com
Use your Skyward username and password.
- So you don't have Power Point, but you need to print the notes? Download a free Power Point Viewer here.
Wednesday, August 10 - Syllabus, safety contract, rules, info
Thursday, August 11 - Book distribution, syllabus, observations
Friday, August 12 - Pre-test
Monday, August 15- Branches of chemistry notes
Tuesday, August 16 - Scientific notation and measurement; ASSIGNMENT: Sci Not and Metric conversion worksheet
Wednesday, August 17 - Common Element Symbol Quiz (link to Quizlet online flash cards); go over worksheet; Mass vs. Weight and conversions; ASSIGNMENT: Factor-Label and SI conversions worksheet
Thursday, August 18 - More conversions; ASSIGNMENT: Imperial and Metric conversion worksheet
Friday, August 19 - Precision, Accuracy, and Significant Digits; ASSIGNMENT: Measurement Precision worksheet and Significant Digits worksheet
Monday, August 22 - Rounding; ASSIGNMENT: Rounding worksheet
Tuesday, August 23 - Lab safety day, ChemGames safety video; read lab directions for tomorrow
Wednesday, August 24 - Lab Equipment Quiz (Quizlet: names/functions, names/pictures [has extra]); measurement lab; Virtual R.A.P.P. lab data checker
Thursday, August 25 - Density; ASSIGNMENT: Density worksheet
Friday, August 26 - Review video World of Chemistry: Episode 3 - Measurement
Monday, August 29 - Review day - answers to Study Guide on Canvas; go over density
Tuesday, August 30 - Test for Unit 1: Intro and Measurement
Wednesday, August 31 - NO QUIZ THIS WEEK; Observations lab; Finish measurement lab
- The Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline toll-free at 1-877-ASK-ROSE is open Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 10 pm.
- Chapters 1a & 2: Introduction to Chemistry and Measurements
- Chapters 1b and 3: Matter
- Chapter 21: Radioactivity and Nuclear Energy
- Chapter 4: Modern Atomic Theory and Chapter 5: Periodicity
- Chapter 7a: Nomenclature
- Chapter 6: Chemical Bonding
- Final Exam Study Guide
- Final Exam Study Guide answers page 1 page 2
- Chapter 8: Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 7b: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 10: Stoichiometry
- Chapter 11: Gas Laws
- Chapters 12 and 13: Solutions
- Chapter 14 and 15: Acids and Bases
- Chapter 18: Chemicial Equilibrium
if time allows
- Final Exam review
- Final Exam review answers
- ATTENTION VISITING TEACHERS! The power points have been changed so the answers to the "learning check" problems are deleted. If you would like the complete set of power points to use in your class, please email me for instructions on getting a CD. (SASE w/CD or $5 to cover costs)
- SAVE PAPER AND INK!!! When you print out the notes on PowerPoint, print "Handouts" instead of "Slides" in the print setup. Also, turn off the backgrounds in Office 2003 (Tools>Options>Print>UNcheck "Background Printing")!